Thursday, January 10, 2013

Auxiliary Motorcycle 3000 Lumen LED Lights

Those which have study my articles may possibly think I am a little OCD with regards to motorcycle lighting and safety. Even so, when we've documents like The Hurt Report on motorcycle safety showing that among the most typical accidents in between motorcycles and other vehicles is drivers turning in front of them violating the rider's correct of way, I feel somewhat paranoia might be justified. Therefore why I have a tendency to favour my unfashionably bright neon riding jacket, and why I've upgraded my headlight from stock to HID. The final piece of the visibility puzzle, and also creating a substantial enhance in night time light output, was to install some auxiliary lights.
3000 Lumen LED Lights


I will not mince words here. My individual opinion is that the Triumph Tiger 1050's stock lighting is terrible. We've had 5 diverse motorcycles in our garage more than the final ten years, and I've ridden quite a few others short term. My Tiger could be the worst of the bunch in terms of its stock lighting set up. On a Tiger rider's forum the lights have already been sarcastically described as "headlights that are as bright as an Ikea tea light". Regardless of my frustration with all the Tiger's lights and its stock windscreen, the Tiger can also be the motorcycle I have loved much more than any other I've ridden. It is incredibly comfortable, handles really effectively, is easy to ride at each high and low speeds, and has amazing power. I favor the power, handling and looks of this bike to several a lot much more expensive motorcycles. For that reason it was time to begin farkling and get the lights sorted out to make my favourite ride perfect for night time use.

I began reading about each of the different choices out there for enhancing stock lighting. Upgrading the headlight from stock halogen to a far better aftermarket bulb was an alternative I tried on my old motorcycle. This time I would attempt a HID kit, mainly because it allowed me to decrease my power draw 20 watts in the original halogen whilst at the same time giving substantially more and much better light. I would use these valuable saved 20 amps later when the auxiliary lights were installed. Subsequent I necessary to take a look at which auxiliary lights to get. PIAA, and Denali are a number of the big names available. They may be no doubt excellent lights, but they are very pricey also.

Reading forums, and searching YouTube for attainable answers I came upon Mark Robbins' video. I was really impressed with what I saw, and asked Mark if he would send us an article which is the a single you can now read on this website. Within the end the lights I purchased had been the exact same lights Mark wrote about which had been the Cree lights from Hong Kong. The product top quality was reported as very high, yet they expense roughly half as much as all of the massive name competing goods. I spent a number of my savings on my HID kit , and nevertheless had some cash left over for beer. (Constantly important, immediately after a great day of riding.)

These lights are manufactured in Hong Kong by a man named Komy Kwan. You may typically hear men and women including myself affectionately get in touch with his lights "Komy Lights" even though he does not label them this way. I've contacted Komy several instances ahead of buying, and afterwards to get information ahead of writing this short article. He has always impressed me as an exceptionally bright and decent particular person who actually stands behind his product.

There are three distinct Motorcycle LED Auxiliary Light Pairs obtainable for obtain. They are; a 780 Lumen pair, a 1,600 Lumen pair, and a 3,000 Lumen pair. Which light is right for the bike is really a private problem. The 780 Lumen lights are ideally paired with your low beam and make exceptional daytime operating lights. The 1600 Lumen set will likely be too bright to use without having the dimmer installed when facing visitors, but will give off lots light when running alone at night on an unlit road. The 3,000 Lumen set absolutely needs the dimmer for use in traffic, at full bright they are damn close to blinding, however if you are alone riding a highway at night it truly is like getting stadium lighting mounted to your motorcycle frame.

Being a standard guy, larger isn't just much better... it really is best! For that reason I ordered the 3,000 Lumen LED set having a dimmer. I've included a wiring diagram, but for those that may basically bring the lights towards the dealer to get installed here will be the essence of it. When the lights are on low together with the low beam, the power gets routed by way of the dimmer. The dimmer gets set with a wireless remote control. As soon as you have set the proper brightness level of the LED's when the low beam is selected, you are able to place the remote away. Leave it at house, within a tank bag, or in your pocket... it does not matter unless you wish to adjust the LED's light output together with the low beam at a later time. When the high beam is chosen, the dimmer circuit is bypassed and also the LED's go to full power. Don't Appear Directly In to the LIGHT the very first time you turn these items on or you'll be seeing spots for really a while.

Now for those who have the electrical capacity to manage it, and the additional funds to commit... The top possible resolution probably will be a pair of 780 Lumens LED's paired just towards the low beams, and a pair of 3000 Lumen LED's just for the high beams. Some owners have gone this route and are really pleased. Nonetheless with just the 3000 Lumen pair as well as a dimmer, I get the top achievable night lighting with all the ability to be able to also run these lights in targeted traffic dimmed to a safe level for oncoming drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment